Thursday, 3 July 2014

Yarn Along



I've been knitting this blanket for a while, but it's nearly finished. I saw it here and immediately fell in love with it, and really what's not to love -  it's colour blocking, garter stitch and super cosy looking. Instead of the gorgeous yarn Laura's Loop used I used the more local and affordable Ashford Tekapo yarn, a good New Zealand staple. I've used six colours and have just knitted each skein until the end. Nearly there!

I haven't been reading as much recently but I have just managed to finish The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. I loved this book and didn't want it to end, I loved the Congo, the people and the twin aspect of it was really interesting too. Currently on my bedside table is A Game of Hide and Seek by Elizabeth Taylor. It's the third book of hers that I've read so I know I'm bound to enjoy it, I just need to keep my eyes open a bit later at night to get stuck into it.

I'm joining in with Ginny and I'd love to hear about what you're reading and knitting too.

3 comments:

  1. I love the tones you've chosen! I have knit a few of the straight garter stitch colour block blankets from Purl Bee for my babies and as gifts. They are so simple and beautiful.

    It's been all market prep and baby gazing in these parts, with only a tiny amount of knitting lately. Need to finish off some WIP's so I can get started on something new! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog via Yarn Along. I love the warm, earthy colours of this blanket - what a beautiful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made one of these blankets before. In fact it was my first knitting project and was ideal to perfect my tension! I absolutely adore your colour choices!

    ReplyDelete