Thursday, 15 August 2013

Yarn Along



Lately it seems I've been unravelling more than actually knitting, it's proving a bit frustrating! I'm trying to knit a sleeveless vest for Marcus who refuses to believe it's winter and wants to wear shorts and t-shirts every day. I knit and hope he might humour me enough to wear it and at least keep his wee body warm... I'm casting on for the third time, earlier attempts were way to big so hopefully I'll get it just right this time. The yarn is New Zealand perendale wool from Utiku Woollen Mills, a favourite stop of mine whenever we pass through Taihape in the central North Island, which is not often enough for my knitting habit!

I'm reading With Bold Needle and Thread by Rosemary McLeod,  My lovely aunt who visited last weekend gave it to me, I feel so spoiled! It's a gorgeous book, full of projects adapted from magazines of the era and it's written beautifully, packed full of social history, tradition and know-how, definitely my kind of book!

I'm joining in with Ginny.....

1 comment:

  1. That book of Rosemary's looks great, I must try and get it from our library. S:)

    ReplyDelete