Tuesday, 13 August 2013

The colour of winter

It's sometimes hard in winter to look beyond the grey but it amazes me how much colour you can actually find when you go looking for it..










Roses from a thoughtful friend
Not technically a colour but I love the sunshine coming into the house earlier and earlier each week
Rhodendron, it's an oldie but a goodie
The first kowhai flowers
Pink camellia, same age as the rhododendron I'd say
Flowering cauliflower
Hellebores, one of my favourite winter flowers
Daffodils along the stream bank
Lavender, even in the winter this flowers, the bees are most grateful



1 comment:

  1. I had a wander around my garden yesterday looking for colour too! We have mainly natives, but I managed to find some colour, hellebores, primroses, lavender, camellias. No rhododendrons yet, and I have flowering rocket instead of cauli! It's nice to know summer will be here soon. S:)

    ReplyDelete