Sunday, 25 August 2013

34/52

As you'll see I've missed a few weeks. You can imagine how surprised I was to find my last portraits mentioned by Jodi here, I nearly fell off my chair when I clicked on a link and found it took me to my little slice of blogland, I was so gobsmacked, chuffed and a wee bit proud.  Despite this boost to my confidence I've found I'm happier to take photos of the kids when we're adventuring, or when we're experiencing something rather than setting up a photo shoot, it had all begun to feel a bit contrived and if I hadn't put any thought into it, the week would end and my camera would be empty.  I have really loved this project though and I will continue to play along when I can.


 
 
 

Ella, Lucia, Marcus
 
On Saturday we headed North for a day of exploring. After a morning driving along the beach followed by a delicious café lunch, we headed inland to the Otaki Gorge, an area settled by timber millers and farmers in the Great Depression. My grandfather was born in the settlement which was quite sizeable back in the day but nothing more than falling down dry stone walls now. We played by the river, walked the swing bridge and watched some river kayakers play in the rapids. 
 
 
Joining in with Jodi


1 comment:

  1. I find the project easier when we are out and about also. Bring on springtime!!

    ReplyDelete